Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Interesting Thinking

I am working on a line of thinking that I don't have fleshed out but I have people asking for a post so let's do this!

I was talking to my daughter (I was blessed to get a daughter when I married my wife in 2014)  She asked me why it was that I never fight with her mom, my wife.  She thinks it is a bit weird for a couple to not fight from time to time, maybe even on a regular basis.  How do you answer that?  I am sorry for not reaching the specified fight quota for the day, week, month, year?  Some have said that when there is nothing to fight about there is a lack of passion.  HA.  Seriously?  So my daughter, and some experts apparently, are of the opinion that fighting is a normal thing and pretty much a requirement.

Hog wash.

I reject that idea on it's face alone.  I am no Bible scholar but I just don't recall men of God who loved their wives yelling at them, or beating them, or giving them the silent treatment, or some other form of punishment and/or fighting with them.  I still stand by a previous blog I wrote years and years ago where I establish the Relationship Energy theorem.  When a relationship is good and there is trust, respect, integrity, love, adoration, then you will draw energy from it and it will refresh you.  When a relationship lacks those building blocks for whatever reason, you will fight, and the relationship will suck energy from you and leave you drained and miserable.

I intend to continue my approach to my marriage because it is successful.  I intend to continue giving my wife more than she asks for.  More than she expects. 

more to come...back to work.