Wednesday, August 13, 2014

To Make You Feel My Love - Garth Brooks

One of the most rewarding aspects of a good relationship is deep heartfelt friendship.  It’s in knowing that the other person is there when you need them most in your life.  It’s in knowing that you are there for them when they are walking through the valley of the shadow of death.  Being there for each other and knowing you have someone in your life that has your back and wants to be there for you through all of life’s ups and down is nothing short of wonderful.

How do we make this happen?  Simple.  Live the song lyrics.  Be that person.  When the rain is blowing in their face and the whole world is on their case give them a hug and tell them you love them.  Tell them it will be ok and you will get through it together.  Emphasize together.  Let them know they are not alone.  Smile at them.  Tell them you are there.  Make them feel your love.

How many times have we gone to bed alone?  Feeling isolated and forgotten?  Feeling like we don’t have the courage to get back up and face the next day?  How many failed relationships have we cried over?  How many mistakes have we replayed over and over only to bring more pain?  It all ends when that special someone comes into our lives and closes that door on the past.  They make the past a bad dream, and the future is once again full of hope and promise.  When then come along make sure you see what you found.  Make sure you never forget what life was like before they came along.  Make sure you appreciate where you are now and how you got there and what it means to be in their life and be in a good place.  The sun has set on the past, and now there is someone who has dried your tears.  They are ready to hold you for the rest of your life.  Do you have that person?  Thank God for your blessing.  Are you that person?  Pray and ask God to make you that person for the one in your life.

I know me.  When the person I am in a relationship wants something I will move heaven and earth to make it happen if it is within my power.  There is nothing that I would not do to see a smile on my girls face.  Nothing I would not try, nothing I would not give, nothing I would not sacrifice, if I could.  Mind you this is within reason.  Obviously if they want you to do something crazy that violates your morals or integrity of the relationship that is a non-starter.  I mean things within reason.  I would do anything to make them feel my love.  Can you say that?  If not, why not?

We owe it to them, and to ourselves, to be everything for them.  And trust me when I say that doing so is easy.  When you love them with all your heart doing for them is a pleasure and gives you energy.  It is not a burden or a drain.  It is empowering and it grows your love for them even more.  You are investing in your relationship, and the returns on that investment are priceless.

When the rain is blowing in your face,
And the whole world is on your case,
I could offer you a warm embrace
To make you feel my love.

When the evening shadows and the stars appear,
And there is no one there to dry your tears,
I could hold you for a million years
To make you feel my love.

I know you haven't made your mind up yet,
But I will never do you wrong.
I've known it from the moment that we met,
No doubt in my mind where you belong.

I'd go hungry; I'd go black and blue,
And I'd go crawling down the avenue.
No, there's nothing that I wouldn't do
To make you feel my love.

The storms are raging on the rolling sea
And on the highway of regret.
The winds of change are blowing wild and free,
You ain't seen nothing like me yet.

I could make you happy, make your dreams come true.
Nothing that I wouldn't do.
Go to the ends of the Earth for you,
To make you feel my love
To make you feel my love

 HEARTWORK:  Are you doing everything to make them feel your love?  If not then you should tell them what you are going to change and why.   Are they doing everything?  If yes then tell them how glad you are to have them in your life.  If not, tell them what you need them to change.