Thursday, June 26, 2014

Songs To Build Your Relationship With

I have been brainstorming topics and ideas the past few weeks looking for a new nugget to share with you all and I think I stumbled on something.  I was playing my youtube song list at my desk yesterday and I was thinking about how powerful the words are in the songs I was listening to.  How there is so much in them about how to find, catch, keep, grow a great love.  How there are so many warnings about what not to do.  How there are ideas about how to look at the same situation through very different lenses and get fresh new perspective.

With that in mind I am going to review songs from my list and tell you how I think they apply to relationship.  What message they hold that we need to not only see, but weave into our lives.

Here is a glimpse of my list...if you have songs you think should be added please send me an email and I will do it.  Brainstorminglife@yahoo.com

Then - Brad Paisley
Crazy Love - Aaron Neville
She's More - Andy Griggs
Me And You - Kenny Chesney
Memories of Us - Keith Urban
You're My Best Friend - Queen
IOU - Lee Greenwood
I'd Choose You Again - Forester Sisters
I Just Called To Say I Love You - Stevie Wonder
It Might Be You - Stephen Bishop
A Different Light - Chante Moore

OK That is a nice scratch the surface list.  Let's play with this and see what we come up with.

HEARTWORK:  Take a good long look at the songs you listen to.  Do they promote love and affection in your relationship or do they bring division?  Are they encouraging you to love your partner or treat them poorly?  Would you want your daughter/son to be treated the way your music says to treat relationships?  If no...get rid of it.  If it does...share it :)